Carpenter Newsmedia is a digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to
empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the local level, Carpenter
Newsmedia touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer Prize-winning content, consumer
experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
The world is changing fast, and we’re seeking a dynamic General Assignment Reporter who can
make sense of it all.
We’re looking for someone who can generate news-feature stories, including pieces on the latest
trends and profiles on interesting people in the Northshore area.
This job is for a journalist who brings many tools:
• Someone who can write stories for our website
• A journalist with strong SEO (search engine optimization) skills
• Someone who understands social media such as creating Instagram stories and
sharing them in an informative and fun way.
• Someone who has a digital-first mentality
The person hired also would help gather information on upcoming events for calendars and lists,
such as what restaurants are open on Thanksgiving. Candidates need not be from the Covington or
To Do So, Put Together A Single Document File That Includes The Following, In This Order
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done.
• Your resume – one to two pages.
• A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
• Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you’ve produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format.
Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.