The Children’s Museum of Lake Charles is looking for an Executive Director for their new location
inside Port Wonder. We are seeking a highly motivated person with an educational and philanthropic
background. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of this iconic project for the city of Lake Charles!
• Some Weekends for special events
• This position will report to the board of directors
• This position will supervise the Assistant Director and all of Director and/or Coordinator
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of related work experience
• Experience in education preferred
• Computer proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent customer service, communications, and organizational skills
• Experience supervising part‐time staff members
• Graphic Design/Adobe Suite skills a plus
• Marketing and advertising experience
• Event planning
• 501c3 operational knowledge of finances and fundraising
A team‐oriented director with strong organizational skills, strategic thinker who has demonstrated
resourcefulness in working collaboratively with many constituencies. An individual who consistently
demonstrates discretion and professional, diplomatic, positive attitude with all people.
The Director will provide leadership, strategic direction, and overall management
of a comprehensive fundraising program including the museum’s current capital campaign,
annual and planned giving programs; corporate, foundation and government relations;
identification, cultivation, and stewardship of fundraising prospects; and development of the
museum’s membership program. Working closely with the Assistant Director, this individual
will raise operating and capital funds through major gift solicitation; board development and
engagement; foundation, corporate and government support; special events and related
activities. The individual will also help supervise the Assistant Director, the office assistants and staff.
The Children’s Museum at Port Wonder is a celebration of childhood. The museum’s
exhibits and programs will draw from the region’s rich history, cultural diversity, flourishing
ecosystems, and literary and artistic traditions. The museum is a hands‐on cultural and
educational institution for all children and families. It is a dynamic resource for schools
and provides programming and a welcoming environment for special needs children.