Education/Training: BA/BS in Accounting, CPA a plus, MS Office proficiency required, Knowledge in computer systems analysis and excellent analytical and supervisory skills.
Experience: 3 - 5 Years as a Controller or Assistant Controller, preferably in manufacturing.
General Job Description Summary:
Reports to and receives assignments, instructions and direction from the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Perform various accounting functions to include but not limited to, fixed assets / depreciation, analysis of accounts, financial reporting, general ledger journal entries, assist with tax preparation and work with and direct a small accounting team in a FDA regulatory and Union environment. Performs various clean-up and housekeeping duties. Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required PPE. Performs various other duties and activities as directed by the CFO. Must meet all elements of the Helena Standards Pertaining to All Jobs, Job Classification Standards – Job Requirements Matrix and General Job Requirements.
A. Essential Job Functions and Requirements
- Perform various accounting functions.
- Work with and direct the accounting team.
- Work with outside auditor to complete annual financial statements.
- Learn MRP system for the instrument manufacturing division.
- Assist with sales tax and state income tax return preparation and compliance.
- Assist international accounting firm in preparing Transfer Pricing Reports and FBAR filings.
- Learn and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems.
- General Ledger
- Fixed assets / depreciation
- Analysis of accounts
- Financial reporting
B. Performs various other clerical activities, filing, faxing, use of the computer, sorting, typing and answering the phone.
C. Exercises the ability to:
- Read and understand written job instructions.
- Understand and comprehend verbal instructions.
- Read and understand routine office correspondence, computer printouts and information in files.
- Be a self-starter.
- Effectively communicate information.
- Good visual acuity.
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Have proper phone etiquette.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in data entry.
- Accurately exchange job and safety information with coworkers.
- Understand and accurately exchange information over the phone.
- Accurately add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions and decimals.
- Hear and comprehend normal speech over the telephone.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Walk around office, up and down stairs and to other nearby buildings as needed.
- Utilize finger dexterity to handle and manipulate papers when filing, performing data entry and using 10-key calculator.
- Comply with all elements of the Helena Standards Pertaining to All Jobs, Job Classification Standards-Job Requirements Matrix and General Job Requirements.