CDL DRIVERSRE HEIDT
RE HEIDT is now hiring the following positions:
Class A and B CDL Drivers
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefit program.
Home every night.
The benefits include: Healthcare, 401K with employer matching, Paid Vacation, Life Insurance, Dental/Vision/supplemental insurance available.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Class A Truck Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
- Transport goods, livestock, etc. from place of origin to assigned destination
- Pick-up loads and organize goods in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured inside of truck to prevent breakage or damage
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times